Sunday, 13 March 2016

Rage Writing

Well, for the last 2 days I have been rage writing.

What is Rage Writing you say? Let me tell you...
When I started writing for Extasy books, I made it my business to keep up with what was popular. I was learning, absorbing, and numbing my brain to the use of graphic language.

Lately, I decided I needed to start reading again. I turned to an author I had read back in the old days and bought a series I hadn't read before.  It was erotic sc-fi and with every page I got more and more furious.
There was no science, no plot, and the heroine could have been played by an attractive sheep that could gestate children and it would have been the same book. Books. Physics and biology had flown out the window, even given the speculative nature of the kind of stories I like, it was beyond understanding.

I fell into a gnashing stage of rage.

For the first time in 10 years I started writing a story that had no cover art and worse... no title. I just wanted to scrub that story out of my brain and replace it with one that had science, a bit of backstory and a heroine with a backbone.

I don't know if I will ever release this tale, but it will be finished this week and I have to decide whether my irritation should see the light of day.

8 comments:

  1. When I read a story like that I have to read several of your stories to wash the book from my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will let it see the light. I really enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you should let it hang out for a while and come back to it before you decide if it can stand on its own, or only in relation to your anger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can definitely stand on its own. In fact it brings me back to why I started writing in the first place. the 'I can do it more accurately' gene is strong in me. now, I am not saying I don't engage in speculative fiction, but I back it up with existing or theoretical science. (except for speedy space flight. that just has to be a thing, along with hot aliens, but that is where the fiction part comes in)
      Also in the series of rage there were mixed up pronouns in the sex scene, which confused things, major spelling gaffs, and all with a banner on the front that proclaimed "New York Times Bestseller". It's the little things like that that bug me.

      Delete
  4. I hope you will publish it. I so enjoy all your books for different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a comment more a question could you tell me what book(s) Minerva Twill plays a major part in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Object is the first one where she is identified. She has been Recruiter Norz this entire time. Her story will be told in Quit. (5 months away)

      Delete